There could be several reasons why the Block Caller feature may not be working on your iPhone. Here are some possible solutions:
1. Make sure that the Block Caller feature is enabled: Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts and make sure that the slider next to "Block Calls & Block Messages" is turned on.
2. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS: It’s possible that the Block Caller feature may not be working due to a software bug that has been fixed in the latest version of iOS.
3. Check if the number you want to block is saved in your Contacts list: If the number you want to block is saved in your Contacts list, make sure that you have saved the number with the correct country code and phone number format.
4. Reset your network settings: Sometimes resetting your network settings can help resolve issues with the Block Caller feature. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note that this will delete all saved Wi-Fi passwords and other network-related settings.
5. Contact your carrier: In some cases, your carrier may have blocked the number you are trying to block, or there may be a network issue that is preventing the Block Caller feature from working. Contact your carrier to see if they can help troubleshoot the issue.
If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.
Video Tutorial:Why are blocked calls still coming through on my iPhone?
Why do I still get messages from someone I blocked?
There could be a few reasons why you are still receiving messages from someone you have blocked on your iPhone 14. Here are some possible explanations:
1. The messages are coming from a different account: It is possible that the person who is still messaging you has more than one account, and they are messaging you from a different one than the one you blocked.
2. The messages are automated: There are many automated messaging systems out there that can continue to send messages even after you have blocked the sender. This is especially true if the messages are coming from a business or service.
3. The block didn’t work: While it’s rare, it is possible that the block didn’t work for some reason. Try unblocking the person, then blocking them again to see if that fixes the problem.
4. You are receiving the messages through a different device or app: If you are receiving messages from someone you have blocked on your iPhone 14, it is possible that you are actually receiving them on a different device or through a different app. Check your other devices and messaging apps to see if this is the case.
5. You have set up specific message filters: Another possibility is that you have set up specific filters in your messaging app that allow certain messages to come through, even from people you have blocked. Double-check your settings to see if this is the case.
To resolve the issue, you can try the following:
1. Double-check that you have indeed blocked the person properly.
2. Check if there are any app or system updates that need to be installed.
3. Try restarting your iPhone 14 and see if that fixes the problem.
4. If you are still having issues, contact the support team of your messaging app or device manufacturer for further assistance.
Why do I still see calls from blocked numbers?
As a tech blogger, there could be a few reasons why you are still seeing calls from blocked numbers. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check your call blocking settings: First and foremost, make sure that your call blocking settings are configured correctly. On an iPhone running on iOS 16, you can find these settings under Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. Make sure that the number you are trying to block is on this list.
2. Update your iPhone: It’s possible that you may be experiencing this issue due to a bug or glitch in your iPhone’s software. Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS, which is iOS 16.
3. Contact your carrier: If the above steps don’t work, it’s possible that the issue is with your carrier. Contact your carrier’s customer support and explain the issue to them. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue further.
4. Consider a third-party call blocking app: If you’re still experiencing this issue, consider using a third-party call blocking app such as Truecaller or Hiya. These apps use a larger and more comprehensive database of blocked numbers, which may be more effective in blocking unwanted calls.
It’s important to note that no call blocking method is 100% foolproof, and some calls may still come through. However, taking these steps can help to minimize the likelihood of seeing calls from blocked numbers.
Why does my phone still ring when the number is blocked?
If your phone still rings when a number is blocked, there could be a few reasons for this:
1. Caller ID Spoofing: Caller ID Spoofing is when someone falsifies their phone number to make it appear like it’s coming from a different number. In this case, the number you have blocked is spoofed, and your phone doesn’t recognize it as a blocked number.
2. Contact Information: If you have the number saved in your phone as a contact, even though it’s the same number you blocked, it will still ring if the contact is calling you.
3. Carrier Blocking: In some cases, if a number is blocked, it may still ring on your phone because the carrier hasn’t fully blocked the number. In this case, you may need to contact your carrier to have them fully block the number.
4. Blocked Contact List: Check your blocked contact list to ensure the number in question is properly blocked. In some rare cases, the phone may enumerate the wrong number.
To prevent unwanted calls from numbers that still ring when blocked, you can try the following steps:
1. Set up your phone to only accept calls from contacts or those in your phonebook. This will help prevent spam and unknown callers from getting through.
2. Check if your carrier offers call-block or do-not-disturb services. This type of service can help filter unwanted calls, which can give you peace of mind.
3. Use third-party blocking apps. These apps can help identify and block unwanted calls and numbers.
4. If the calls continue, file a complaint with your carrier or the Federal Communications Commission. They may be able to help stop these calls.
Can a blocked number still text you?
No, a blocked number cannot text you on iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Plus, or any iOS 16 device. When you block a number, it means you have prevented that phone number from calling, messaging, and FaceTiming with you. Here are the steps to block a number on an iPhone 14:
1. Open the "Phone" app on your iPhone 14
2. Tap the "Recent" tab to see your recent calls or messages
3. Find the phone number or contact you want to block and tap the "i" icon next to it
4. Scroll down and tap "Block this Caller"
5. Confirm your decision by tapping "Block Contact"
After you block a number, you will not receive any messages or phone calls from that number. The blocked person will not know that you have blocked them, but they may notice that their messages are not delivering, or their calls are going directly to voicemail. If you want to unblock a number, go to the "Blocked Contacts" list in your iPhone’s settings, find the number or contact, and tap "Unblock" next to it.
Do blocked messages still go through on iPhone?
No, blocked messages do not go through on iPhone.
When you block a contact on iPhone, it automatically silences their notifications and calls. This means that you won’t receive any notifications or calls from this person while they are blocked. Additionally, any messages that the blocked contact tries to send you will not go through.
The blocked contact may see that their message was sent, but they will not receive any indication that the message was successfully delivered. The message will simply disappear into the ether, and you won’t receive it.
If you ever want to unblock a contact, you can do so by going to your phone’s settings and navigating to the "Phone" or "Messages" tab. From there, you can view your list of blocked contacts and choose to unblock them if you wish.
How do you stop a blocked number from calling you?
If you want to prevent a blocked number from calling you, there are several steps you can take. Here are a few options you may choose from:
1. Block the number: If you haven’t already blocked the number, you can do so by going into your phone’s settings and navigating to the call blocking feature. This will prevent the blocked number from being able to dial your phone number.
2. Use a call-blocking app: There are several call-blocking apps available that can help prevent unwanted calls from coming through. These apps can help stop calls from known telemarketers, scammers, and other unwanted callers.
3. Contact your phone provider: If you are receiving harassing or threatening calls, you may want to contact your phone service provider and have them block the number for you. Depending on the severity of the situation, you may also want to consider contacting law enforcement.
4. Do not answer unknown numbers: If you don’t recognize the number calling you, it’s best not to answer the call. Let the call go to voicemail and if it’s important, the caller will leave a message. If it’s a spam call, they’ll usually hang up and move on to another number.
Overall, it’s important to take steps to protect your privacy and personal information on your mobile device. Utilize the features available to you and don’t hesitate to seek help from your phone provider if you receive unwanted calls.