Have you ever wanted to take a blurry picture on your iPhone? Maybe you’re an artist or photographer looking for a unique effect, or perhaps you just want to add some creativity to your social media posts. Whatever your reason, taking a blurry photo on an iPhone is easy once you know how. In this blog, we’ll go through the methods step-by-step and provide some helpful tips for achieving the perfect blurry shot.
All you need is an iPhone and a willingness to experiment with your camera settings. You don’t need any special equipment or software. However, it’s worth noting that some methods work better in certain lighting conditions or with specific camera models.
What Should I Pay Attention to?
Before we dive into the methods, there are a few things to keep in mind when taking blurry pictures:
– Focus: If you’re having trouble getting a blurry shot, try changing the focus of your camera. This can vary depending on the method but is essential for creating a blurred effect.
– Lighting: Lighting is crucial when taking any photo, but even more so when trying to achieve a specific effect. Consider using natural light or experimenting with different indoor lighting setups.
– Stability: Some methods require you to move your phone quickly or shake it. Others require you to hold it steady. Make sure you’re using the appropriate technique so that you don’t drop or damage your phone.
Method 1: Shoot in Live Photos Mode
Live Photos mode captures a few seconds of footage before and after you take the picture. By default, iOS will use the frames from the middle of the footage as the final photo. However, you can change this setting to capture a blurry effect.
1. Open the Camera app and swipe left to select "Live."
2. Frame your subject.
3. Tap the shutter button to take a Live Photo.
4. Open the Photos app and select the Live Photo you just took.
5. Swipe up on the photo to reveal the Effects menu.
6. Choose "Long Exposure."
7. Wait for the phone to process the image. The longer you wait, the blurrier the effect will be.
Method 2: Use Burst Mode
Burst mode is designed to take multiple shots in quick succession. This method is ideal for capturing motion blur or creating a sense of movement in your stills.
1. Open the Camera app and frame your subject.
2. Press down and hold the shutter button. The camera will take multiple shots in rapid succession.
3. Open the Photos app and select the burst you just took.
4. Swipe through the shots and choose the one with the desired amount of blur.
Method 3: Create Motion Blur with Slow Shutter Cam
Slow Shutter Cam is a third-party app that allows you to manually adjust the shutter speed of your iPhone camera. This method is ideal for creating in-motion blur for moving objects.
1. Download Slow Shutter Cam from the App Store.
2. Open the app and frame your subject.
3. Tap the "Shutter Speed" button located at the bottom of the screen.
4. Slide the bar to adjust the shutter speed. The slower the speed, the more blur you’ll create.
5. Tap the shutter button to take the photo.
Why Can’t I Take A Blurry Picture on iPhone?
There are a few reasons why you might be struggling to take a blurry photo on your iPhone:
1. Not using the right method: As we’ve outlined above, different methods work for different scenarios. Make sure you’re using the appropriate technique for the effect you want to achieve.
2. Poor lighting conditions: Lighting is essential for taking any photo, let alone a blurry one. If you don’t have enough light, your camera may not be able to capture the effect you want.
3. Camera model limitations: Some iPhone models have better camera capabilities than others. If you’re using an older phone, you may not be able to achieve the same level of blur as newer models.
Fixes include experimenting with lighting or upgrading to a newer iPhone model.
– Experiment with different combinations of methods to achieve new effects.
– Try taking shots from different angles or perspectives.
– Practice moving your phone in different ways to achieve the desired blur.
Q: Can I take a blurry photo without using an app or editing software?
A: Yes! The Live Photos and Burst Mode methods are built into the Camera app and don’t require editing software.
Q: Can I achieve the same level of blur on all iPhone models?
A: No. The camera technology and capabilities vary between iPhone models. Newer models generally have better cameras and more advanced features.
Q: How can I ensure my iPhone is steady when using a method that requires movement?
A: Consider using a tripod or stabilizer designed for smartphones. You can also try bracing your arm against a stable surface while taking the shot.
Q: Is there a way to add blur to a photo after it’s been taken?
A: Yes. There are numerous editing software available that allow you to manually add blur or use pre-set blur filters.
Q: Can I use any lighting conditions to create a blurry photo?
A: While it’s possible to achieve a blurry effect in any lighting conditions, natural light or diffused indoor lighting generally works best.
Taking a blurry photo on your iPhone is a fun and creative way to experiment with your camera. Whether you’re using the built-in Camera app or a third-party app, there are numerous techniques at your disposal. Just remember to consider lighting, stability, and camera limitations when trying to achieve the perfect blurry shot.