With the release of Apple’s iPhone 12 series, there has been exciting new features added, including updates to the camera. One of the new features that has been added is the ability to set a timer on the iPhone Camera 12. This can be helpful in many situations such as taking group photos or getting ready for a self-portrait. In this blog post, we will explore the steps for setting a timer on your iPhone Camera 12, along with some reasons why you might want to use this feature, and what to do if you have trouble getting it to work.
What’s it or What’s Needed
To set a timer on your iPhone Camera 12, you will need to have an iPhone 12 or higher running on iOS 14 or later. If your iPhone is running on an earlier version of iOS, you may need to update your software first. Other than that, all you need is your iPhone and the Camera app.
Method 1: Setting Timer on iPhone Camera 12
The easiest method for setting a timer on your iPhone Camera 12 is through the Camera app itself. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
- Select the type of photo you want to take, whether it’s a selfie or a regular photo.
- Locate the timer icon at the top of the screen. It looks like a clock with a curved arrow around it.
- Tap on the timer icon and select the duration of time you want the timer to run for. Options range from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Press the shutter button, and the timer will begin counting down. You’ll have the time you selected to get into position for your photo!
Q: Can I use the timer feature for videos as well?
A: Unfortunately, the timer feature is only available for taking photos at this time. If you need to set up a shot for a video, you’ll need to find a different solution.
Method 2: Using Siri to Set a Timer on iPhone Camera 12
If you’d prefer to set the timer on your iPhone Camera 12 hands-free, you can use Siri to do so. Here’s what you need to do:
- Activate Siri by holding down the side button or by saying "Hey Siri".
- Say "Set a timer for [duration of time] in the Camera app."
- Your iPhone will launch the Camera app and begin the countdown for the timer.
Q: Does this work on all versions of the iPhone?
A: No, the ability to activate Siri hands-free is only available on iPhone models since the iPhone 6 released in 2015.
Method 3: Using a Third-Party Camera App
If you’re looking for even more customizable options for your iPhone Camera 12 timer, you might want to try a third-party camera app. Some of these apps offer more customization options than the native Camera app, including the ability to take photos in bursts or choose specific intervals for the timer. Here are some third-party camera apps that offer timer features:
- Halide Camera
Q: Are there any downsides to using third-party camera apps?
A: Some third-party camera apps may use more battery life or storage on your iPhone than the native Camera app. Additionally, not all third-party camera apps are free. Be sure to read reviews and do your research before downloading.
Why can’t I Set Timer on iPhone Camera 12?
If you’re having trouble setting a timer on your iPhone Camera 12, there could be a few reasons why. Here are some solutions you can try:
- Make sure your iPhone is updated to iOS 14 or later
- Check to see if the Camera app has access to your iPhone’s camera, microphone and photos
- Restart your iPhone
- Delete and re-install the Camera app
- If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple Support.
Q: I’ve tried all of these solutions, but I still can’t set a timer. What should I do now?
A: If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple Support. They’ll be able to troubleshoot any deeper issues that could be preventing you from using the timer feature.
Here are a few tips and tricks for using the timer feature on your iPhone Camera 12:
- Consider buying a tripod or other stand to hold your iPhone steady while the timer counts down.
- Practice taking photos with the timer feature to get used to the time delay.
- Try taking photos from different angles, such as above or below the subject, using the timer feature.
Q: How long can the timer go up to?
A: The maximum duration of the timer on the iPhone Camera 12 is 10 seconds.
Q: How many photos can I capture with the timer?
A: You can only capture one photo at a time with the timer feature. If you need to take multiple photos, you’ll need to repeat the process.
Q: Can I use the flash with the timer feature?
A: Yes, you can use the flash with the timer feature. To do so, simply toggle the flash option on before setting the timer.
Q: Can I cancel the timer once I’ve started it?
A: Yes, you can cancel the timer once you’ve started it by tapping on the timer icon and selecting "Cancel timer".