As we all know, the notes app on iPhone is a great tool that helps in taking important notes, writing down important information, and even creating to-do lists. However, there could be instances where we accidentally delete notes, which could lead to the loss of important information. This can be a frustrating experience. Fortunately, there are several methods through which we can recover the deleted notes on iPhone.
Before we begin, we need to ensure that we have the following things:
1. An iPhone (obviously)
2. iCloud account credentials (for some methods)
3. A computer (for some methods)
4. A backup of your iPhone in iTunes or iCloud (preferably)
Method 1: Recover Deleted Notes from ‘Recently Deleted’ Folder
The first method that you can use to recover deleted notes on iPhone is by checking the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder in the Notes app. This is a feature that Apple introduced in iOS 9, for recovering accidentally deleted notes. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Notes app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on ‘Recently Deleted’ folder.
3. Here, you will find all the notes that you have deleted in the last 30 days.
4. Find the note(s) that you want to recover and tap on it.
5. Once you’ve selected the note(s), tap on the ‘Move To…’ option in the bottom left.
6. Select the desired destination folder where you want to move these notes.
Method 2: Restore Notes from an iCloud Backup
If the first method does not work or you have deleted notes a long time ago, then you can use an iCloud backup to restore the deleted notes. Here are the steps:
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset.
2. Tap on ‘Erase All Contents and Settings’.
3. Enter your passcode to confirm the process.
4. On the ‘Apps & Data’ screen, tap on ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’.
5. Sign in to your iCloud account with your credentials.
6. Select the backup file that contains the notes you want to restore.
7. Wait for the iPhone to restore the backup.
Note: This method restores your entire iPhone from the backup file, so make sure that you backup your iPhone before proceeding with this method.
Method 3: Restore Notes from an iTunes Backup
If you have taken a backup of your iPhone in iTunes, you can use it to restore the deleted notes. Follow these steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Open iTunes and select your iPhone.
3. Click on ‘Restore iPhone’.
4. On the pop-up window, click on ‘Restore’.
5. Wait for iTunes to restore the backup.
Note: This method works the same as method 2. However, instead of restoring the backup from iCloud, you are restoring it from your iTunes backup.
Why Can’t I Recover My Deleted Notes?
There could be several reasons why you may not be able to recover deleted notes on iPhone:
1. The note(s) may have been permanently deleted from the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder.
2. You may not have taken a backup of your iPhone.
3. The backup that you have taken may not contain the deleted notes.
If you find yourself in any of these situations, unfortunately, recovering the deleted notes on iPhone may not be possible.
To avoid losing important notes, it is always a good idea to regularly backup your iPhone. You can backup your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud. This will ensure that you can easily restore your iPhone and recover any lost notes in the future.
5 FAQs About Recovering Deleted Notes on iPhone
Q1. How can I make sure that I don’t lose any notes on my iPhone?
A1. Make sure that you regularly backup your iPhone. You can backup your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud. This will ensure that you can easily restore your iPhone and recover any lost notes in the future.
Q2. What if I forgot my iCloud password?
A2. If you have forgotten your iCloud password, you can use the ‘Forgot Password’ option on the iCloud login page to reset your password.
Q3. Can I recover notes that were deleted more than 30 days ago?
A3. If the notes were permanently deleted more than 30 days ago, then you may not be able to recover them. However, you can try using an iCloud or iTunes backup to restore the deleted notes.
Q4. Will restoring my iPhone from backup delete any new notes that I have added?
A4. Yes. Restoring your iPhone from a backup will delete any new notes that you have added after the backup was taken.
Q5. Can I recover deleted notes on iPhone without a backup?
A5. Unfortunately, if you do not have a backup of your iPhone, then recovering the deleted notes may not be possible.