Emojis are undoubtedly a way to express ourselves uniquely on our smartphones. With the rapid evolution of technology, new emojis are constantly being added to make various communication more fun, express emotions, and convey messages with ease. The new emojis have been released and iPhone users are eagerly anticipating having it on their devices. This article provides a comprehensive guide on how to get the new emojis on an iPhone.
The Challenge of Getting the New Emojis on iPhone
The process of getting the latest emojis on an iPhone can be quite challenging for some users. Most users lack the knowledge of how to update their iPhone’s operating system or where to find the latest emojis. Others run into issues of compatibility with their device or run into bugs when attempting to install the newest emojis.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before embarking on the journey of acquiring the latest emojis for your iPhone, there are certain essential things you should prepare for. These include:
1. Ensure your iPhone is compatible with the latest iOS system.
2. Confirm that your iPhone has enough space for the update
3. Back up your iPhone data before initiating an update.
Method 1: Updating To The Latest iOS
Updating your iPhone to the latest iOS is one of the easiest ways to get the new emojis. The following are the steps to follow to update your iPhone:
1. Navigate to "Settings" on your iPhone
2. Scroll down to "General" and Select it
3. Click on "Software Update".
4. If an update is available, click "Download and Install"
1. Simple and straight forward
2. May resolve other phone issues besides getting the new emojis
1. Update may take longer than anticipated
2. May require a stable internet connection
Method 2: Via Third-Party Emoji Keyboard
A third-party emoji keyboard is one of the easiest ways to get more emojis as it doesn’t require an update to your iPhone. The following are the steps to add a third-party emoji keyboard:
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone
2. Search for and download a third-party app such as Bitmoji, Gboard, or Emoji>
3. Open the downloaded app and follow the on-screen instructions to set up
4. Once installed, select "Settings" on your iPhone
5. Click on "General" and Select it
6. Click on "Keyboard"
7. Select "Keyboards"
8. Click on "Add New Keyboard"
9. Choose your preferred third-party emoji keyboard from the list.
1. Does not require an update to your iPhone
2. Provides more than just new emojis, like stickers and GIFs
1. May require a learning curve
2. May not be compatible with all messaging apps
Method 3: Copying the Emojis
Copying the new emojis from another device and pasting them onto your iPhone is another option. The following are the steps to follow:
1. Locate the latest emojis on another user’s iPhone or from a website
2. Do a long press on the emoji until a menu pops up
3. Select "Copy"
4. Launch the app where you want to use the emoji
5. Do a long press in the text input field
6. Select "Paste"
1. Can be done without an update
2. Just as easy as copy and pasting normal text
1. Limited to only the new emojis that have already been released
2. Inconsistent with the overall user experience
Why Can’t I Get The New Emojis?
There are various reasons why you may not be able to get the new emojis on your iPhone. These include:
1. Your operating system is outdated: If your iPhone is running on an older version of iOS that doesn’t support the new emoji, you’ll need to update to the latest version.
2. Not enough storage space: If your iPhone is out of space, you won’t be able to download the new update.
3. Compatibility issues: If your iPhone is an older model that doesn’t support the latest update, you won’t be able to access the new emoji.
1. Always back up your iPhone data before updating your operating system
2. Ensure that your iPhone has enough space to accommodate the new update
3. Always read the reviews when considering downloading a third-party emoji keyboard
5 FAQs about Getting the New Emojis on iPhone
Q: Do I need to download all the third-party emoji keyboards to access new emojis?
A: No, you only need to download one third-party emoji keyboard.
Q: Can I still receive the new emojis if I don’t update my iPhone?
A: No, you need to update your iPhone to receive the new emojis.
Q: Will downloading a third-party emoji keyboard slow down my iPhone?
A: Downloading a keyboard may take up extra space, but it should not slow down your iPhone.
Q: Can I receive the new emojis if I have a non-iPhone device?
A: Yes, many Android phones have updated their firmware to include the latest emojis.
Q: What’s the difference between a third-party keyboard and the default iPhone keyboard?
A: Third-party keyboards may have additional features like animated stickers or GIFs.
Getting the new emojis on your iPhone doesn’t have to be a stressful process. With the options discussed in this article, you can easily access the new emojis and express yourself more uniquely. Ensure that you back up your iPhone data before making any updates and read reviews before downloading any third-party keyboard.