If you recently bought the iPhone 14, you must have noticed the absence of control center. As you may know, control center is an essential feature that allows quick access to frequently used settings and applications, making it easier to navigate through your phone. This feature was commonly accessed by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on previous iPhone models but is no longer available on the iPhone 14.
To solve this problem, we have provided different methods on how to get control center on iPhone 14 so that you can easily access your frequently used features on your device.
Before we get into the methods, you will need to ensure that your iPhone 14 has an updated iOS version. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Ensure that your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network and has sufficient storage space for the update installation.
What Requires Your Focus?
Getting control center on iPhone 14 is an easy task if you are familiar with the different options available. You’ll need to focus on each method’s steps and follow them carefully to ensure that you get control center on your iPhone.
Different Methods to Get Control Center on iPhone 14
Method 1: Using Accessibility Settings
Accessibility settings can provide some workarounds to access control center on your iPhone 14 in a different way.
1. Go to Settings > Accessibility.
2. Scroll down to Touch option.
3. Click on Touch Accommodations.
4. Turn on the switch for Hold Duration and move the slider to the maximum time of 0.25 seconds.
5. Go back one step and select Back Tap.
6. Choose Double Tap option from the available options.
7. Select Control Center from the list of actions that appear.
8. Double-tap the back of your iPhone to access the control center.
– Less time-consuming than other methods.
– Easy to access control center with double-tap on the back.
– Not natural for users to toggle control center through this method.
Method 2: Using AssistiveTouch
AssistiveTouch is an essential accessibility feature that allows users to access various settings and applications by adding a virtual button on the iPhone screen. By using AssistiveTouch, you can easily add control center to the virtual button on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Accessibility.
2. Click on Touch.
3. Scroll down and select AssistiveTouch option.
4. Turn on the switch for AssistiveTouch to activate it.
5. Click on the Customize Top Level Menu option.
6. Click on + to add a new icon and select Control Center from the actions list.
7. Drag it to the preferred location on your screen.
– Easy to access control center using virtual buttons.
– One-click access to all frequently used features.
– Virtual buttons may cause distraction while using the phone.
Method 3: Using Shortcuts App
Using this method, you can create a shortcut to access control center on your iPhone 14 through the Shortcuts app.
1. Download the Shortcuts app to your device from the App Store.
2. Once installed, launch it and click on Create Shortcut option.
3. Click on Add Action.
4. In the search bar, type Open App and select it when it appears.
5. Click on the Choose option and select the Control Center app.
6. Click on the Share icon in the top right corner.
7. Name your shortcut, then click on Add to Home Screen.
8. Click on Add in the top right corner to save it.
– Customizable and easy to access control center with a single click.
– User-friendly interface.
– Longer steps to set up the shortcut.
– Need to use the Shortcuts app to access control center.
Why Can’t I Get Control Center on iPhone 14?
1. iPhone 14 has a different gesture navigation system: For easy navigation purposes, iPhone 14 has replaced the "swipe up" feature with the new "swipe up and hold" to access App Library.
Fix: Use alternate methods such as using AssistiveTouch, or Settings to add control center to your iPhone 14.
2. You may have not set up the Control Center feature on your iPhone 14:
If you cannot access Control Center using your traditional method, it’s possible that you have not enabled the feature on your device or has been accidentally turned off.
Fix: Go to Settings > Control Center and ensure that you have enabled the feature.
3. Outdated iOS Version: Some iOS versions may not support specific features like the control center on your device.
Fix: Go to Settings > General > Software Update and check for any available updates to your iOS version.
Implications and Recommendations
The absence of control center on iPhone 14 may come with different inconveniences, but our provided methods can enable you to access your frequently used features. Adding control center to your AssistiveTouch shortcut or through Accessibility settings can save you the hustle of navigating through your device’s settings. However, using the Shortcuts app may require some familiarization with the app.
5 FAQs About Getting Control Center on iPhone 14
Q1: Is it possible to customize the AssistiveTouch virtual button to perform other functions besides Control Center?
A: Absolutely, with AssistiveTouch, you can customize the virtual button to perform other functions that you find useful.
Q2: Do I need to pay for Shortcuts App on the App Store to use it?
A: No. Shortcuts app is free to download and use on your iPhone 14.
Q3: Can I revert to the traditional swipe up to access Control Center?
A: No, you cannot. However, the provided alternatives can provide easy control center access.
Q4: Is the AssistiveTouch virtual button always visible on my iPhone 14 screen?
A: Yes. The AssistiveTouch virtual button is visible on your iPhone screen at all times, except when watching videos or in apps that require interaction.
Q5: Do I need any technical expertise to use the provided methods?
A: No, our provided methods are user-friendly and straightforward. All that is required is following the instructions on each step cautiously.
Getting control center on your iPhone 14 will give you easy access to all frequently used features, and our provided methods can guarantee easy access. Remember to update your iPhone 14 and ensure that you follow the provided steps for each method carefully. With AssistiveTouch, Shortcuts App, and Accessibility settings, you can easily get control center to your iPhone 14.