Sometimes we find it necessary to forward a text message to our email, whether for record-keeping, archiving, or just to have a backup. So, if you’re wondering how to forward a text message to email on your iPhone, this article is for you. In this post we will explain various methods to forward a text message to email on your iPhone.
The Challenge of How to Forward A Text to Email on iPhone
It can be a bit challenging to forward a text message to email on your iPhone, especially if you’re not sure how to do it. Some of the challenges you might face including not knowing where to start or not knowing which method is the best. In this article, we will also provide a few fixes to some of the common reasons you might be unable to forward a text message to your email on your iPhone.
Things You Should Prepare for
To forward a text message to email on your iPhone, you will need a few things in place. First, make sure your iPhone is charged, and your internet connection is stable. You will also need to have an email account set up on your iPhone. Make sure you know the correct email address or addresses to send the forwarded text message to as well.
Method 1: Forwarding A Text Message Via Email
This method involves forwarding a text message to your email directly from the Messages app on your iPhone. Here are the steps to follow;
1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
2. Tap and hold the text message you want to forward.
3. From the pop-up menu, select "More."
4. Select the circle next to the message you want to forward. This should show a blue checkmark.
5. Tap the arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen.
6. In the "To:" field, type in the email address you want to send the forwarded text message to.
7. Tap send.
– Straightforward and quick process
– Requires no external tools or third-party apps
– Can forward multiple text messages at once.
– Cannot edit text message before forwarding
– Cannot forward media files such as photos, videos or audio files
Method 2: Screenshot and Forward
If you want to forward a text conversation that contains media files like photos or videos alongside plain text, this method might be ideal for you. Here’re the steps to follow;
1. Open the text conversation you want to forward in the Messages app
2. Take a screenshot by pressing the Home button and the Power button at the same time on your iPhone.
3. Open the Photos app on your iPhone, locate the screenshot you just captured, and tap on it.
4. Tap the "Share" icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.
5. Select the "Mail" icon from the pop-up menu.
6. Enter the email address you want to send the screenshot to and add any necessary details.
7. Tap "Send" to forward the screenshot of the text conversation.
– Provides a way to forward media files in a text conversation.
– You can edit the photo (crop or edit picture) before forwarding.
– Cannot forward a conversation with long texts that require more than one screenshot.
– Cannot forward without taking a screenshot.
Method 3: Copy and Paste
If you don’t want to forward an entire text conversation and only want to send a specific part of the conversation, copy and paste can be a very effective method. Here are the steps to follow;
1. Open the Messages app and navigate to the conversation you want to forward a message from.
2. Press and hold the message you want to forward and then tap "Copy" when it pops up.
3. Open the Mail app on your iPhone and start a new message.
4. Long-press on the message box and tap "Paste."
5. Add the email address you want to send the message to and any other necessary details.
6. Hit "Send."
– Allows you to forward only part of a conversation.
– You can edit the content of the copied message before forwarding.
– Requires additional steps of copying and pasting.
– Cannot forward media files such as photos, videos, or audio files.
Why Can’t I Forward a Text Message to Email?
There are many reasons why you might not be able to forward a text message to your email on your iPhone. Here are a few of the most common reasons and fixes for them:
1. You haven’t set up an email account on your iPhone – Go to "Settings" followed by "Passwords & Accounts" and add your email account.
2. Low battery – The iPhone won’t forward messages if the battery is too low. Ensure your iPhone has enough charge before attempting to forward messages.
3. You have a weak internet connection – Ensure your phone is connected to a strong Wi-Fi or cellular data connection.
– Always ensure you have a stable internet connection to avoid any interruptions when forwarding your text messages.
– If your email has a limit on the size of attachments, it would be better to first compress or reduce the size of the media files before trying to forward them via email.
– To make forwarding messages via email faster, consider adding frequently used email addresses to your iPhone contacts.
5 FAQs about Forwarding A Text to Email on iPhone
Q1: Can I forward a text message with a photo or a video?
A: Yes, but not with Method 1. If the text message contains media files, you can use Method 2 – screenshot and forward or Method 3 – copy and paste.
Q2: Can I forward a text message to multiple email addresses?
A: Yes, but with Method 1 only. Rather than entering one email address in the "To:" field, you can enter multiple email addresses separated by a comma.
Q3: Can I forward an entire conversation?
A: Yes, with Method 1. Tap and hold the conversation you want to forward instead of tapping and holding one message to select it.
Q4: How can I forward messages to a group of people?
A: Unfortunately, none of the methods explained in this article supports forwarding to text messages to group chats.
Q5: How many messages can I forward?
A: The maximum number of texts you can forward at once depends on the systems you apply; with these methods discussed it ranges between 10 to 30 in the mail app.
Forwarding a text to your email on your iPhone can come in handy at times, whether you’re looking to keep a record of text messages or save important conversation snippets. We hope this article has been able to provide you with useful methods on how to go about forwarding text messages to email on your iPhone.