Are you facing issues with apps on your iPhone 14? Sometimes, apps can stop functioning, crash, freeze or become unresponsive. While restarting the phone can fix some of these issues, force closing the app can be a quicker solution. In this blog, we will share 3 methods to force close apps on iPhone 14.
To force close apps on iPhone 14, you don’t need any special tools or equipment. Simply follow the steps mentioned below for 3 different methods.
What requires your focus?
While force closing an app is a simple process, it is important to note that force closing apps too frequently can lead to performance issues on your phone. Hence, you should only force close an app when it is unresponsive or causing issues.
Method 1: Using App Switcher
Many users prefer using the app switcher to force close apps on their iPhone. Here are the steps to force close apps using the app switcher:
1. Swipe up from the bottom of the home screen and hold your finger in the middle of the screen for a second or two until the app switcher appears.
2. Swipe left or right to navigate to the app that you want to force close.
3. Swipe up on the app’s preview to force close the app.
– Quick and easy to use.
– All your recently used apps are available in the app switcher, making it easy to find the app that you want to close.
– Sometimes, the app switcher may not display the app that you want to close.
Method 2: Using Settings
If you can’t find the app in the app switcher, you can use the settings app to force close apps. Here are the steps to force close apps using settings:
1. Open Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap on ‘General’.
3. Tap on ‘iPhone Storage’.
4. Scroll to find the app that you want to force close and tap on it.
5. Tap on ‘Offload App’ and confirm that you want to offload the app.
6. Wait for a few seconds and tap on ‘Reinstall App’.
– This method ensures that the app is completely closed and can help reduce performance issues.
– It can be time-consuming and requires you to navigate through multiple menus.
Method 3: Using Siri Shortcuts
If you are an advanced user, you can use Siri shortcuts to force close apps on your iPhone. Here are the steps to create a Siri shortcut to force close apps:
1. Open Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the ‘+’ icon to create a new shortcut.
3. Tap on ‘Add Action’.
4. Search for ‘Open App’ and select it.
5. Tap on ‘Choose’ and select the app that you want to force close.
6. Tap on ‘Add Action’.
7. Search for ‘Close App’ and select it.
8. Tap on ‘Done’ and name your shortcut.
9. Say the name of the shortcut to Siri to force close the app.
– This method allows you to create customized shortcuts for force closing apps.
– It can be convenient for advanced users who frequently use Siri.
– It requires you to set up the shortcut first, which can be time-consuming.
– If you don’t remember the shortcut name, it can be difficult to use.
Why Can’t I Force Close Some Apps?
Sometimes, you may find that you are unable to force close some apps on your iPhone. Here are some reasons why this can happen and how you can fix them:
1. The app is already closed: If the app is fully closed, then you won’t be able to force close it. You can check if an app is closed by swiping up in the app switcher. If the app isn’t there, it’s closed.
2. The app is a system app: Some apps, such as Phone and Safari, are system apps and can’t be force closed.
3. The app is frozen: If an app is frozen, you may not be able to force close it. In this case, you can try restarting your iPhone and then force closing the app.
Q: Can force closing apps damage my iPhone?
A: No, force closing apps won’t damage your iPhone. However, force closing apps too frequently can lead to performance issues on your phone.
Q: Will force closing apps save battery life?
A: Not necessarily. Force closing apps doesn’t always save battery life. In fact, force closing some apps can lead to battery drain and performance issues.
Q: Why does my iPhone keep freezing and crashing?
A: Freezing and crashing can be caused by a variety of factors, such as outdated software, low storage, and issues with specific apps. If your iPhone is freezing and crashing frequently, you may need to update your software, clear up storage, or get in touch with Apple Support.
Q: How can I prevent apps from freezing or crashing?
A: To prevent apps from freezing or crashing, make sure that you are running the latest software on your iPhone, close apps when you’re not using them, and clear up storage on your device.
Q: Should I force close apps every time I’m done using them?
A: No, force closing apps every time you’re done using them can lead to performance issues on your iPhone. You should only force close an app when it is unresponsive or causing issues.
We’ve discussed 3 methods to force close apps on iPhone 14. Each method has its own pros and cons, so choose the one that works best for you. Remember to only force close apps when they are unresponsive or causing issues, and try to avoid force closing apps too frequently to prevent performance issues on your phone.