Podcasts have rapidly gained a large audience over the last few years. They have become one of the most popular mediums for sharing information and entertainment. Audiobooks, radio dramas, stories, and other audio content are all popular on podcasts. Many people who create podcasts wish to share their content with a wide audience. The simplest approach to reach a larger audience is to add your podcast to a website. Unfortunately, understanding how to execute this task can be challenging, especially for those who are not familiar with website development. With this blog, we aim to help individuals learn how to embed iTunes podcasts onto their website in various ways.
Why You Need to Embed iTunes Podcast on Website
Suppose you want to catch up on an essential episode of a podcast you’re following, but you’re not sure how to find it easily. Or, let’s imagine you’ve started a new online business podcast, and now you’d like to reach a wider audience. You could send the audio files to all of your followers separately using email or allow them to download the materials from your dropbox. However, there is a better and more convenient approach. Embedding your iTunes podcast on your website is essential because it allows your content to be accessible to a broader audience while also increasing your online visibility.
Method 1: Via WordPress
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms available, and it also offers an excellent and straightforward approach to embed iTunes podcasts onto a website. Please follow the steps below:
- Open WordPress and create a new post or edit an existing one.
- Upload your podcast file to your website’s media library.
- Select the podcast file.
- Copy the file’s URL
- Open a new browser and search for the "PowerPress" Plugin.
- Install and activate the plugin in WordPress
- Open the post/page editor where you wish to insert the Podcast player, whether it’s a new post or an existing one.
- Paste the copied URL where you want to place the player.
- Easy to install and use
- Access to a wide variety of useful plugins and customization features
- The plugin may slow down the website
Method 2: Using Widgets
Using widgets is a simple approach to embed an iTunes podcast onto a website. Please follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Podcasts Connect account.
- Find the "Apple Podcasts Marketing Tools" option in the left corner and click on it.
- Scroll down to the "Widget Builder" and click on it.
- Select "Podcast Player" as the display format.
- Select the podcast you want to embed on your website.
- Customize the player to your website’s design and preferences.
- Copy the embed code and paste it to your website’s HTML or text editor.
- Simple and does not require any plugin installation
- Wide range of customizing options available
- The player design may not match your website’s style
- Limited features available compared to other methods
Method 3: Via iTunes Store Preview Page
The iTunes store also provides an easy approach to embed a podcast player on a website. Follow the steps below:
- Head to iTunes and search for your podcast.
- Copy the URL of your podcast search result page.
- Open the iTunes Podcast Preview Builder website.
- Paste the URL into the search bar on the page.
- Choose a size and style for the podcast player that suits your website design.
- Select the code generated by the tool and copy it.
- Paste the code into your website where you want the podcast player to appear.
- Easy to use and does not require any plugin installation
- Enables customization of the player’s size and look.
- Constraints the number of customization choices provided.
What to Do If You Can’t Embed an iTunes Podcast Player on Website?
If none of the above methods worked while attempting to embed the iTunes podcast player onto your website, try the following ideas:
- Check if the podcast host offers an embedding feature.
- Manually embed the audio file onto your website using an HTML5 audio player.
- Use SoundCloud to host your podcast and then embed it on your site.
Publish your podcast in various podcast directories, such as Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, etc. This will make it easier for people to find and listen to your podcast, and it will provide a larger audience base.
Q1: Are there any expenses connected with podcast hosting?
A: Yes, podcast hosting may cost some money. Depending on how many people listen to your podcast, the expenses might range from $5 to $50 per month.
Q2: Can I utilize the podcast player on more than one website?
A: Yes, you may use your podcast player on multiple websites.
Q3: Will the podcast player interrupt my website’s speed?
A: If the podcast player is correctly configured and employed, it should not affect your website’s performance.
Q4: What should I do if my podcast is not showing up on the player?
A: Make sure the podcast URL is correct. If the problem persists, try refreshing the page or attempting a different approach to embed the podcast.
Q5: Is there a limit to the number of podcasts I can embed on my website?
A: There is no limit to the number of podcasts you may embed on your website.
Embedding your iTunes podcast on your website increases your online visibility and audience base while making it simple to share your content. WordPress, widgets, and the iTunes store preview page are all excellent ways to embed your podcasts. If you encounter any problems when embedding your podcast player, try one of the solutions mentioned in this blog until you get the desired output. By utilizing these resources and practices, you can share your podcast with a broader audience and ensure its success.