If you have a lot of apps downloaded on your iPhone, finding the one you need quickly can be difficult–especially if they are scattered all over your home screen. Luckily, you can create folders to organize your apps and make them easier to find. Here’s how to create a folder on an iPhone in just a few simple steps.
Before we begin, make sure you have your iPhone nearby and have installed the latest version of iOS. You’ll also need to determine which apps you want to add to the folder and create a name for the folder.
Method 1: Creating a Folder on the Home Screen
This method is quick and easy and allows you to put the folder where you want it on your home screen.
1. Choose the apps you want to include in the folder.
2. Tap and hold on one of the apps until they all start to shake.
3. Drag and drop one app on top of another app you want to group together. (Note: If your iPhone starts to slide the screen, you’ve held the app too long. Just tap the home button and start again.)
4. Release the app when it creates a new folder.
5. Type in the desired name for the folder.
6. Press the home button to save.
Method 2: Adding Apps to an Existing Folder
If you’ve already created a folder but want to add more apps to it, follow these steps:
1. Tap and hold on the app you want to add to the existing folder.
2. Drag and drop the app onto the folder you want to add it to.
3. Release the app when it creates a new folder.
4. The app will be added to the folder automatically.
Method 3: Creating a Folder within the Settings App
If you prefer to create your folders within the Settings app:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down to find the option for "General."
3. Tap on "General."
4. Scroll down to find the option for "Reset."
5. Tap on "Reset."
6. Find the option for "Reset Home Screen Layout."
7. Tap on "Reset Home Screen Layout."
8. The folders on your home screen will be removed, and the apps will be reset.
9. Now, to create a new folder, follow the steps under Method 1.
Why Can’t I Create a Folder on My iPhone?
1. You may not have enough space on your home screen. You can delete apps or create a new screen to make room.
2. You might be experiencing a software issue. Try restarting your iPhone or updating to the latest iOS version.
3. Your iPhone may need to be reset to its default settings. Go to "Settings," "General," and "Reset Home Screen Layout" to reset it.
Q: What should I do if my iPhone won’t let me drag the app?
A: Try restarting your iPhone or updating to the latest iOS version to fix any software issues that could be preventing you from dragging your apps.
Q: Can I create multiple folders on the same screen?
A: Yes, you can create multiple folders on the same screen to organize your apps even further.
Q: Can I rename the folder once I’ve created it?
A: Yes, you can easily rename a folder by tapping and holding on the folder and selecting "Rename."