iPhones have been popular among users for quite some time now. With its cutting-edge technology and user-friendly interface, the iPhone has become the go-to device for tech enthusiasts. Despite that, some users still struggle with certain aspects of the device, such as setting or adjusting the volume of alarms. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing how to change the volume of an alarm on iPhone.
The Challenge of Changing the Volume of An Alarm on iPhone
You may have come across a situation when suddenly the ringing sound of the alarm was too soft or too loud to wake you up from deep slumber. However, usually, the iPhone’s alarm tone is loud enough to wake you up at the right time. But there’s a chance that you’re unaware of the different ways you can change the volume of an alarm on your iPhone. The challenge is simple but it’s crucial for you to know how to do it right, which we will be discussing further.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before we explore the different methods to change the volume of an alarm on your iPhone, there are a few things you should prepare for:
1. Make sure your iPhone is up-to-date with the latest iOS software to avoid any hindrance in the proceedings.
2. Keep your iPhone on a flat surface or hold it upright while adjusting the volume of the alarm to avoid the device’s accelerometer coming into play.
Method 1: Changing Alarm Volume via Phone’s Volume Settings
Method 1 is the simplest way to adjust the alarm volume on your iPhone.
1. Go to your iPhone’s home screen and locate ‘Settings’.
2. Tap on ‘Sounds and Haptics’.
3. Scroll down to ‘Ringers and Alerts’.
4. Now, you’ll see the ‘Change with Buttons’ option, and you can toggle it on or off based on your preference.
5. Now, adjust the volume setting for the ringtone/alerts using the volume buttons on the left side of the iPhone.
– Simple and quick to do.
– No additional apps or software required.
– You have to adjust the volume manually every time you set the alarm.
– You may accidentally change the volume of other alerts/ringtones.
Method 2: Changing Alarm Volume via Clock App
Method 2 involves using the Clock app on your iPhone.
1. Open the Clock app.
2. Tap the ‘Alarm’ icon to go to the Alarm section.
3. Tap ‘Edit’ on the top left corner of the screen.
4. Tap on the alarm you want to adjust the volume for.
5. Tap ‘Sound’.
6. You’ll see a volume slider on the next screen.
7. Adjust the slider to your desired level.
– It directly affects the alarm volume so you don’t have to worry about changing the settings by mistake.
– Additional customization options are available.
– You have to make this adjustment every time you set a new alarm.
– Time-consuming for some users.
Method 3: Changing Alarm Volume via Siri
Method 3 involves using Siri’s voice assistant.
1. Hold down the side button or the Home button to launch Siri.
2. Say, "Set my alarm for [time] AM/PM."
3. Now, ask Siri to adjust the volume to your desired level using a command like, "Set my alarm volume to 50%."
4. Siri will confirm the changes and save the alarm.
– It’s a hands-free option.
– It’s very simple and quick to do.
– You may have to repeat your command to Siri a few times for it to recognize your request.
– It might not be as accurate as manually adjusting the volume settings.
Why Can’t I Change the Volume of An Alarm on My iPhone?
1. Your iPhone is in silent mode. Turn off silent mode by toggling the ring/silent switch on the upper-left corner of your device.
2. The volume is set to zero. Simply adjust the volume slider to the desired level using one of the methods listed above.
3. The Do Not Disturb mode is turned on, which disables alarm sounds. To turn off Do Not Disturb mode, swipe down from the top-right corner of your device to open the Control Center. Then, tap the moon icon to turn off Do Not Disturb mode.
1. If you’re worried about the alarm sound not being loud enough, try placing your iPhone on a hard surface to amplify the sound.
2. Customize your alarm tone to distinguish it from other sounds on your iPhone. This way, you won’t accidentally ignore the alarm when you hear it.
5 FAQs about Changing the Volume of An Alarm on iPhone
Q1. Can I turn off the vibration when the alarm goes off?
A1. Yes, you can. To turn off the vibration, go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Sounds and Haptics’ > ‘Ringer and Alerts’ > disable the ‘Vibrate on Ring’ option.
Q2. Will the alarm still go off if I’m playing music through my iPhone?
A2. Yes, the alarm will always override any music or sounds coming from your iPhone when it goes off.
Q3. Will the alarm still go off if my iPhone is on silent mode?
A3. Yes, the alarm will go off even if your iPhone is on silent mode. However, you will not hear any other sounds or receive notifications while your device is in silent mode.
Q4. Can I set different volume levels for different alarms?
A4. Yes, using Method 2, you can set different volume levels for different alarms.
Q5. Do I have to adjust the alarm volume every day?
A5. It depends on the method you’re using. Method 1 and Method 3 require you to adjust the volume manually for each alarm. However, with Method 2, you can set the volume level once and the alarm will use that settings until you change it.
Changing the volume of an alarm on your iPhone is an easy task once you know the right method. With the above-listed methods and additional tips, you can efficiently adjust the volume level of your iPhone’s alarm. Don’t forget to follow the guidelines and prepare your device well before setting the alarm. Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ll never miss an appointment or appointment again due to a weak alarm tone.