Caller ID is a feature that allows users to identify incoming calls. It helps users to screen unwanted calls and avoid spammers. But sometimes, you may want to hide or change your caller ID on iPhone for several reasons, such as protecting your privacy, making an anonymous call, or pranking your friends. The good news is that you can change your caller ID on iPhone easily by using different methods. In this blog post, we will discuss how to change your caller ID on iPhone and what to do if you can’t change it.
Why You Need to Change Your Caller ID
Changing your caller ID can be useful for several reasons, including:
1. Privacy: If you don’t want to reveal your identity to others, changing your caller ID can help you to keep your privacy.
2. Anonymity: If you need to make an anonymous call for business or personal reasons, changing your caller ID can be a helpful option.
3. Prank calls: If you want to prank your friends or family members by calling them from an unknown number, changing your caller ID can make it possible.
4. Security: Changing your caller ID can protect you from spam, fraud, and robocalls.
Method 1: Using *67 to Hide Your Caller ID
You can use the *67 feature to hide your caller ID on iPhone temporarily. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
2. Dial *67 before the phone number you want to call.
3. Press the Call button to make a call.
4. Your caller ID will be temporarily hidden from the receiver.
– It’s free and easy to use.
– It doesn’t require any additional software or settings.
– You can use it for individual calls.
– It only works for the current call.
– Some recipients may not answer calls from unknown numbers.
Method 2: Using Settings to Change Your Caller ID
You can change your caller ID settings on iPhone to display a different name or number. Here are the steps:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap Phone and then select Show My Caller ID.
3. Toggle off the Show My Caller ID switch.
4. Type in the phone number or name you want to display as your caller ID.
5. Press the Done button to save the changes.
– It’s easy to change and customize.
– You can use it for all your calls.
– It allows you to display your office or business number.
– It may not work with some carriers or countries.
– You can’t change your caller ID to a number that doesn’t belong to you.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Apps to Change Your Caller ID
You can use third-party apps like Dingtone, Burner, or Hushed to change your caller ID on iPhone permanently or temporarily. Here are the steps for the Dingtone app:
1. Download and install the Dingtone app on your iPhone.
2. Create an account and sign in.
3. Click on the More tab at the bottom of the screen.
4. Select the Call Out option.
5. Type in the phone number you want to call, or choose a contact from your phone book.
6. Select the caller ID you want to display.
7. Press the Call button to make a call.
– It offers more features and options than built-in methods.
– You can choose from different caller IDs and numbers.
– You can use it for international calls.
– It may require a subscription or in-app purchases.
– It may not work with some phone carriers or countries.
What to Do If You Can’t Change Your Caller ID
If you can’t change your caller ID on iPhone, you can try these fixes:
1. Check your carrier’s settings and options to see if they allow changing the caller ID.
2. Contact your carrier’s customer support and ask them to change your caller ID.
3. Reset your iPhone’s network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
4. Check if your iPhone’s software is up to date by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
If you want to hide your caller ID for all your calls, you can contact your carrier and ask them to enable the "Anonymous Call Rejection" feature. This feature automatically rejects incoming calls from callers who have chosen to hide their caller ID.
Q1: Why can’t I change my caller ID on iPhone?
A: Some carriers or countries may not allow changing the caller ID. You may need to contact your carrier’s customer support for assistance.
Q2: Can I change my caller ID to any number?
A: No, you can only change your caller ID to a number that belongs to you or a name that you have selected.
Q3: Is it legal to change your caller ID?
A: It depends on the purpose and context of the call. In general, it’s legal to change your caller ID for personal or business purposes, but it’s illegal to use it for fraud or harassment.
Q4: Can third-party apps be trusted for changing caller ID?
A: It’s essential to use reputable and trustworthy apps from reliable sources. Read reviews and research before downloading any app.
Q5: How can I block my caller ID on iPhone?
A: You can use the *67 feature to hide your caller ID temporarily, or you can change your caller ID settings permanently by going to Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID.
Changing your caller ID on iPhone can be a useful feature for various reasons. You can use built-in options like *67 and settings or use third-party apps to change your caller ID. If you are unable to change your caller ID, try the fixes we have provided. Remember to use this feature responsibly and legally.