Have you ever found yourself squinting at your iPhone because the default black theme was too bright, or you felt that the white theme was simply easier on your eyes? If so, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many iPhone users prefer to switch from the default black theme to the white theme, but they often find themselves struggling to find a simple and easy-to-follow guide.
The good news is that changing the iPhone theme from black to white is easy, and doesn’t require any technical expertise. In this blog post, we’re going to show you several methods to help you switch your iPhone theme to white so you can enjoy a more comfortable phone experience.
The Challenge of How to Change from Black to White on iPhone
Changing the iPhone theme from black to white may seem like a straightforward task, but not everyone knows how to do it. For new iPhone users, this can be especially frustrating, as some of the settings and terms may be unfamiliar. Even some experienced iPhone users may run into issues when attempting to change their theme, particularly when it comes to customizing specific elements of the theme.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before we dive into the methods for changing the iPhone theme from black to white, there are a few things you should prepare:
- Your iPhone. Make sure your phone is turned on and functioning properly, and that you have access to the internet.
- Your Apple ID. Certain methods may require you to sign in using your Apple ID.
- A stable internet connection. You’ll need to connect to the internet to download certain apps or updates.
Method 1: Using Settings
One of the easiest and most straightforward ways to change your iPhone theme from black to white is by using the settings. Here are the steps:
- Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
- Tap on "Display & Brightness."
- Select "Light" from the list of options for "Appearance."
- Quick and easy to do.
- No extra software or tools required.
- Allows you to switch between dark mode and light mode easily.
- Doesn’t allow for customization of specific elements of the theme.
- May not work on older iPhone models.
Method 2: Using a Third-Party App
If you’re looking to customize specific elements of your iPhone theme, or if you’re using an older iPhone model that doesn’t support the built-in light mode, you can try using a third-party app like Dark Mode.
- Download the Dark Mode app from the App Store.
- Open the app and tap on "Enable Dark Mode."
- Allows for customization of specific elements of the theme.
- Works on older iPhone models.
- Easy to use.
- May require payment for full customization options.
- May not be as seamless as the built-in light mode.
Method 3: Using Accessibility Settings
If you have trouble seeing your iPhone screen or if you have certain visual impairments, you can use the accessibility settings to invert your screen colors and effectively change your theme from black to white. Here’s how:
- Go to "Settings."
- Tap on "Accessibility."
- Tap on "Display & Text Size."
- Toggle on "Smart Invert" to switch to a white theme.
- Can be useful for those with visual impairments.
- Similar to the built-in light mode, but with inverted colors.
- Works on all iPhone models.
- May take some time to get used to the inverted colors.
- May not be suitable for those who are not visually impaired.
Why Can’t I Change from Black to White on iPhone?
1. You’re using an older iPhone model
If you’re using an older iPhone model, it may not have the built-in light mode feature. In this case, you can try using a third-party app like Dark Mode to achieve a white theme.
Fix: Download Dark Mode from the App Store.
2. You have low battery life
If your iPhone has low battery life, some settings like light mode may be automatically turned off to conserve energy.
Fix: Charge your phone fully before attempting to switch the theme.
3. You’re not signed in to iCloud
If you’re not signed in to iCloud using your Apple ID, you may not be able to access certain settings, including the light mode feature.
Fix: Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID.
- You can schedule light mode to turn on and off at certain times of the day by going to "Settings," "Display & Brightness," and "Automatic."
- You can adjust the brightness of your screen by swiping up from the bottom of the screen and using the slider.
- If you’re having trouble reading text on your iPhone, you can go to "Settings," "Accessibility," and "Display & Text Size" to adjust the font size.
5 FAQs about How to Change from Black to White on iPhone
Q1. Can I change my iPhone theme from white to black?
A1. Yes, you can change your iPhone theme from white to black by going to "Settings," "Display & Brightness," and selecting "Dark" under "Appearance."
Q2. Can I use light mode on any iPhone model?
A2. The light mode feature is available on iPhone models 6s and above. Any iPhone models older than 6s may not support light mode.
Q3. Does using light mode drain my iPhone battery faster?
A3. Using light mode may use slightly more battery life than dark mode, but the difference is usually minimal.
Q4. Can I customize which elements of the iPhone theme are light and which are dark?
A4. Yes, using third-party apps like Dark Mode, you can customize different elements of your iPhone theme.
Q5. Will using the inverted colors affect the quality of my iPhone screen?
A5. No, using the inverted colors should not affect the quality of your iPhone screen.
Changing the iPhone theme from black to white is easy and doesn’t require any technical expertise. By following any of the three methods outlined in this blog post, you’ll be able to enjoy a more comfortable phone experience and customize your iPhone to your liking. Remember to always prepare your iPhone, Apple ID, and internet connection before attempting to change the theme. If you encounter any issues, be sure to check our FAQ section for solutions.