Are you tired of the plain, default font color on the emails you send on your iPhone? Do you want to add a little flair to your messages or make them stand out? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, you’ll learn various methods to change the font color on your iPhone emails.
Emails are an essential part of communication, and it’s natural to want to make them look attractive and professional. Modifying the font color of any message on the iPhone is pretty easy. Therefore, we bring you the best methods to customize the color of the text without any fuss.
Before starting, you must make sure that you have the following things:
- An iPhone with the latest iOS
- A steady and reliable internet connection
- The default Mail app of your iPhone (you can’t send an email without it)
What Requires Your Focus?
Changing the font color of any message on an iPhone is a mundane task that you can do within seconds. Just remember to choose the appropriate text color, as you don’t want to end up with something that’s unreadable. Be mindful of the purpose of each email and the person you’re sending it to.
Method 1: Changing Font Color Using Default Settings
The iPhone has several built-in options for modifying the font color of any message in the Mail application. Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch the Mail app on your iPhone and start composing a new email.
- Type the message as you normally would.
- Select the text that you want to modify. Tap and hold the selected text.
- A menu will appear; click on the "BIU" option, which stands for Bold, Italics, and Underline.
- Choose the arrow next to "U" for underline.
- Select the Colored Circle icon and select the desired color for your font.
- Press outside of the menu, and you’re done.
Pros: It’s easy to modify text color. The iPhone provides a wide variety of colors to choose from.
Cons: Limited to a small number of colors. It’s not possible to customize the color shade to your liking.
Method 2: Customizing Color Using Third-party Apps
It’s incredibly simple to use third-party apps to customize the colors of the font in your messages. Here’s how you can do it:
- Download and install a third-party application on your iPhone that lets you change font colors like iFont, Cool Fonts, or Color Fonts Keyboard.
- Launch the application and select the color that you prefer.
- Type your message in the app and copy it to paste it into your email editor.
- You can also type your message in your email editor as usual and copy the text into the third-party app to tweak the color and then paste it back into your email messages.
Pros: Customizable and provides more color options than the default Mail app.
Cons: It may be cumbersome to copy and paste the text from another app into the Mail app.
Method 3: Utilizing HTML Code to Change Font Color
This method is best suited for those who are proficient in HTML. Here’s how you can do it:
- Start by opening the Mail app on your iPhone and selecting "New Message."
- Type in the text you want to change the color of.
- Select the text and tap it to bring up the "Select, Select All, and Paste" menu.
- Click the right arrow to see more options, then select the "Insert Photo or Video" icon.
- Choose the photo sourcing option and enter your code to replace it with the text or code you want to add color.
- Copy the HTML code that you want to use for your email.
- Return to your email and place the cursor where you’d like the HTML code to appear.
Pros: More freedom in choosing your font’s color and style.
Cons: The code must be precise, so there is a greater chance of an error.
Why Can’t I Change the Font Color on iPhone Mail?
There are a few reasons why you can’t change the font color on iPhone Mail:
1. Your iPhone is not updated to the latest version of iOS. Updating the iOS may solve many problems.
2. It’s also possible that the Mail app may not be compatible with your iPhone version.
3. The email client you’re using doesn’t support HTML formatting or doesn’t allow changing the color of the text.
- Ensure that you’re running the latest version of iOS on your iPhone. You can do this by checking for any available updates in the Settings app of your iPhone.
- You can try using third-party applications that can change font color or contact Apple support for more information.
- In situations where the email client used doesn’t support HTML formatting, it may not be possible to modify the color of the font or use HTML code.
Here are some suggestions that you can use to change the font color successfully:
- Upgrade your iPhone to the latest version for compatibility with the Mail app.
- Use third-party apps that support color font needs.
- Utilize HTML code only if you are sure of the process.
- Before sending the email, preview it to check for any changes that need to be done.
5 FAQs About Changing Font Color on iPhone Mail
Q: Can I Only Change the Font Color in Emails in the Apple Mail App?
A: It’s possible to change the font color in emails via third-party applications that support customizing font colors, but it’s best to use the Mail app for official communication.
Q: Is It Possible to Use HTML Code to Change Font Color Rather Than the Default Options?
A: Yes, you can use HTML code to change the font color. However, it requires advanced HTML skills.
Q: Can You Change the Font Color of the Signature in Your Emails?
A: You can change the font color of your signature by selecting the signature, tapping the color button from the side menu, and choosing the color you want.
Q: Why Can’t I Change the Font Color of Some Text?
A: It’s possible that the email client doesn’t support HTML formatting or the default Mail app app for iPhones isn’t updated.
Q: Can I Set a Default Font Color for All My Emails?
A: The default Mail app doesn’t feature an option to change the font color of all messages. You’ll need to modify the font color each time you compose an email.
These three methods offer various solutions to changing the font color on the iPhone. It’s essential to remember the purpose of the email and its recipient when modifying the color of the text. Following the steps mentioned in this post will assist you in quickly and effortlessly changing the font color. Try out the best-suited method for yourself and personalize your emails to stand out and create an impact.